Friday 24 August 2012

A new S1 pupil's perspective

Thank you to Tuesday Rose McDonough for sharing her thoughts on High School after her first week with us.

On the run up to high school I was incredibly nervous. The whole idea of a completely new school with completely new teachers and completely new friends is quite intimidating. I was most worried about finding my way around and not getting hopelessly lost. As I first walked into the school I felt like everyone’s eyes were on me, but soon I was greeted by a couple of my friends, and as the day went on, I started to feel more and more at home. I enjoy the lessons a lot more than the ones we got in primary, especially Science and English, and I think that it’s good to get a variety of classes. 

Before we started, we had a three day transition; I think I would have been a lot more nervous if I hadn’t been to it. It's nice because it means that you don’t go into high school clueless about what awaits you.   The school was one of the most welcoming places I’ve been, and I have made lots of new friends there.

I hope that all of our new charges now feel as settled as Tuesday Rose. If you get lost, need advice or you just want to chat about something that is worrying you then please speak to any of our S6 helpers or any member of staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment