- Many thanks to those who supported the Cheese and Wine fundraiser last weekend; £1020 was raised, Funds raised will be used to bring students across to Edinburgh in June 2019
- We continue to encourage pupils and staff to walk, run or cycle to school. I am delighted to observe that most cyclists are now using strong ‘D’ locks.
- Well done to our Logo Team who finished third overall in the robot games competition, and won the award for the best research project/presentation in last week’s schools’ competition.
- Best wishes to pupils in our rearranged tennis match against George Watson’s College in the Scottish Cup on Tuesday 18 December. The pupils involved are -
- Robbie Galloway S5
- William Belkebir S5
- John Dabos-Doukas S5
- Sean Gallacher S3
- Congratulations to:
- Mollaidh Nicholson (S3) who has been selected by East Lothian to compete in USA in February 2019. This trip will involve practice rounds at the world renowned Pinehurst Gold Course.
- Fergus Jajdelski, is in S3. He just won a place as Principal second violin in the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland (junior) for 2019.
- Liam McLaughlin (S5) who won an incredible 5 Junior Champion gold medals for 100m, 200m, 400m, 1500m freestyle and for the relay 4x100m freestyleat the Scottish National Short Course Championships.
- Sincere thanks to all who have contributed to our Christmas appeal for Children First. The coordinator, Mrs Fallon, describes the response as overwhelming!
- A reminder that the Christmas Concert is on the evening of Tuesday 18 December at 7 Pm. Tickets are available from the Usher Hall Box Office.
- This term will finish at midday on Friday 21 December; Pupils resume on Wednesday 9 January 2019.
- Congratulations to Mrs Emma Sturm who was appointed to the vacancy in the English department.
- Mr Robin Andrews who was appointed to the vacancy on the Support for Learning Department
- We look forward to Ms Julie Francis starting in our Modern Languages Faculty on Monday 17 December.
- Welcome to Mr Seonaidh Charity who started with us as Head of Gaelic on Wednesday 12 December.
And finally, a safe weekend to you all as wintry snow showers are forecast over the weekend.
Donald j Macdonald